Saturday, June 23, 2012

Wool Sweaters in the Summer?!? Part 2

This Paton's wool has been languishing in my stash for years, thanks to some poor judgement due to a 50% off sale at Michael's.  The color is pretty, but its quite scratchy.  Unbeknownst to me (at the time), not all Paton's is merino.  This is not.

DSC06492
Rose Cardigan.  670 yards of Paton's Wool.
It took several months (and more sleeve attempts than I imagined), but this batch of yarn is finally a sweater. A bit oversized, but should keep Sweet Pea warm next winter.  That is, if I can convince her to wear it.  I found the wool scratchy to knit with, and she wouldn't wear it more than a few minutes.

DSC06485
Reconstructed Skirt
 What she does love is this reconstructed skirt that I sewed for her several weekends ago.  It had been an unflattering green striped tank top languishing in my closet.  I sliced off the top, added a tube of quilter's cotton as a waistband, and ran elastic through the waistband.  It makes a nice, summery skirt!

No comments: