Thursday, August 23, 2012

In Which Cookbooks Earn their Keep

This post is coming to you from my new, cozy house!  We are hardly all settled, but the major furniture is all in place and most of the boxes strewn about the place are empty.  So, it's time for life to recommence as normal.  Which, in our case, is a bit crazy.
The new kitchen has a bookcase-sized nook!
How perfect!  And messy!

The guest/craft/playroom is still piles of boxes, My Little Ponies, and a half-assembled bed.  So, I'm afraid I don't have much to show you on that front.  In the meantime, let's talk about cookbooks.  I love cooking, I love books, so it's no huge surprise that I love me some cookbooks.  Mr. Book and I often get each other cookbooks for major holidays and spend quiet evenings paging through them together.  

However, many of the books didn't make it through the Major Purge that preceded the move. I wanted to pack nothing that wasn't beautiful or useful, to paraphrase the old sentiment.  Now that the books are easily accessible to the kitchen, the goal is to cook at least 10 things from each book, then write up a little review.  And clear out any that don't make the cut. 

What about you?  Any favorite cookbooks?  Why do you like cookbooks?  Inspiration, or do you have some you go back to over and over?

No comments: